In this episode, The Mentors Radio host Tom Loarie talks with Howard Root, founder and CEO of Vascular Solutions, and author of the book “Cardiac Arrest: Five heart-stopping years on the Fed’s Hit List”. Root shares his harrowing fight—and win—against Federal Department of Justice prosecutors who abused their power beyond all imagination. That was in 2011!
The Feds’ unsuccessful attempt to put Root behind bars and destroy his company was ruthless. They used the justice system to distort justice and abuse individual liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.
Five years later, in 2016, after shelling out $25 million in legal costs, Howard Root won a UNANIMOUS acquittal. Even more disturbing than these five years of unwarranted persecution by the Federal Department of Justice, the jurors expressed shock and outrage that these charges were ever filed against Root in the first place!
After the grueling journey and ultimate victory against the Feds, Root knew the Feds could target his company again, repeat their horrific injustices and violations of Constitutional rights and he did not want to jeopardize his company or its employees. He sold the company—which, at that time, was one of the most innovative and prolific medical device companies of its kind, and pursues other interests. He also helps other CEOs unjustly targeted and pursued by the Feds whenever asked for advice.
This is a modern day David beats Goliath story, and it could affect you! Now more than ever.
Learn what you can do to protect yourself and your company.
Find Show Notes below. Never miss an episode; subscribe here to The Mentors Radio podcast. Listen on any platform – Apple, Google, Spotify, TuneIn and more – search for “THE Mentors Radio”
- BIO: http://www.howardroot.com/
- WEBSITE: HowardRoot.com
- BOOK: Cardiac Arrest: Five Heart-stopping Years as CEO on the Fed’s Hit List , by Howard Root
- LETTER: HOWARD ROOT: A LETTER TO MY PROSECUTORS – Sent on fifth anniversary (Feb.26, 2021) of Root’s court victory and an EXCELLENT read!
- “Book Review: Cardiac Arrest — A Warning to Aspiring Entrepreneurs and Society at Large” – Catholic Business Journal
- “Medtech CEO rails against DOJ at industry conference” – Med City News