In this episode of The Mentors Radio, Host Dan Hesse talks with Tim Brown, one of the greatest wide receivers in NFL history. He is the only receiver in history to win the Heisman Trophy AND be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Tim grew up in Dallas and received a scholarship to play football at Notre Dame. After winning the Heisman, he was the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft, taken by the LA Raiders, where “Mr Raider” as he was called, played almost his entire 17-year NFL career. He made the Pro Bowl nine times. When he retired Tim trailed only Jerry Rice in career receiving yards. In the long history of America’s most popular sport, only 10 players have won the Heisman and later been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Eight are still living. He is the author of The Making of a Man. Off the field, Tim has been involved in various charities, including his work with the Tim Brown Foundation. Tune-in to learn as Tim describes his life’s journey, the impact his parents had on his values and priorities, and how one mentor changed the course of his life.
- Hall of Fame: https://www.profootballhof.com/players/tim-brown/
- Wikipedia (well-done): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Brown_(American_football)
- BOOK: The Making of a Man: How Men and Boys Honor God and Live With Integrity, by Tim Brown, with James Lund
- Tim Brown: Football Legend, Christian – Q&A style interview, The Stream
- Tim Brown: Where is Hall of Fame ‘Mr. Raider’ now? – Best Version Media Sports
- A FEW GREAT VIDEO CLIPS — WOW!!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTtAMfe8JY — 2 min., Tim shares what Coach Lou Holtz said to him early on at Notre Dame that impacted his career and life
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kMsNxvFKx4 — 5 min, w sports commentary (culled from 17-year Raiders career)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBF1WbXiYAA — 4 min, music
In this episode of The Mentors Radio, Host Tom Loarie talks with visionary entrepreneur Loren Shook, a pioneer in the field of memory care, founder, president, chairman and CEO of Silverado, former president and COO of Community Psychiatric Centers, an international NYSE company. Driven by a life-long commitment to changing lives for the good, especially in the field of improving quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory issues, Loren is a true visionary – helping to transform an industry while creating thousands of healthcare jobs. He is the recipient of awards that include the University of California Irvine’s Institute for Memory Impairment and Neurological Disorders’ (UCI MIND) 2015 Community Leadership Honoree Award, Southern California 55+ Housing Council’s Person of the Year Award, Boomer Business Summit’s Innovation in Leadership and Service Award, Mission Hospital Foundation’s Vision Award, Ernest & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award in health care and others. He co-authored New Possibilities in Memory Care: The Silverado Story and The Silverado Story: A Memory Care Culture Where Love is Greater than Fear.
- BIO: https://www.silverado.com/about-us/our-leadership/loren-shook/
- COMPANY WEBSITES:
- New Possibilites in Memory Care: The Silverado Story, by Loren Shook and Steve Winner
- The Silverado Story: A Memory-Care Culture Where Love is Greater than Fear, by Loren Shook and Steve Winner
- Changemakers: Loren Shook, Founder and CEO, Silverado, Changemakers 2023, Senior Housing News